Category Archives: Uncategorized
Family Law Drag for more Options
- Legal Aid and Funding your Case At Higgins Miller we are authorised by the Legal Services Commission to provide advice under the Legal Aid scheme in relation to all areas of family law and subject to eligibility criteria.
- Civil Partnership and Divorce Solicitors Stockport At Higgins Miller we understand that a breakdown of a relationship can be a very traumatic time and we are committed to making the process of divorce or civil partnership dissolution as straightforward and stress-free as possible without incurring necessary costs.
- Financial Issues Upon Separation Following the breakdown of any relationship we are able to offer advice with regard to how to resolve financial disputes. The law in this area is different in relation to married and unmarried couples and we are able to offer advice in both situations.
- Children Disputes and Custody of Children When parents separate there can often be differences of opinion as to who children should live with and how much time they should spend with each of their parents. There are also often difficulties in relation to agreeing what decisions should be made for those children, for example which school a child should attend.
- Social Services and Care Proceedings We understand that when social services become involved in a family’s life it can be extremely stressful for parents and children alike. We aim to offer sensitive and useful advice at all stages of social services involvement with children and families both in and out of court proceedings.
- Protection from Domestic Violence At Higgins Miller we are aware that there are people who are subjected to violence in their own homes on an all-too regular basis. We are able to assist victims of domestic abuse in quickly obtaining the protection that they need from their partners or ex-partners.
- Adoption Process & Special Guardianship At Higgins Miller we are able to assist in relation to all kinds of adoption case including step parent adoption, international adoption or adoption from care we will be able to offer advice on the best course of action for your individual circumstances.
- Prenuptial Agreements and Cohabitation Agreements Pre-nuptial agreements are a fast changing and developing area of law and the courts are becoming more and more willing to recognise them when resolving divorce settlements.